Online DVD rental pioneer Netflix Inc. has reached a new deal with Warner Bros. As per the agreement Netflix will wait 28 days before offering any of the Warner Bros. new release DVDs to its customers.
The Winners are:
- gets discount on Warner Bros. titles
- gets rights to stream many additional movies
- gets many old movies/series that are currently not a part of their library.
- As nearly 75% of the DVD sales are made in the first month of the release, this will ensure that Warner Bros. sell enough of DVDs.
Here we loose:
- Wait for 28 days (most probably more as everyone cannot get it at the same time, limited copies) or go out and buy DVD
- Watch a handful of old movies (similar to what is done by most renting companies in India as they all have a limited library and that too with more old titles)
What are you going to do now? Bear the frustration/ Move to someone else (Blockbuster etc.)